Skip to content
- App review will be paying closer attention to purpose strings when asking for user permissions. Your string should explain how you plan to use the data, be specific, and provide an example.
- Use os_log for printing, and use os_signpost for measuring performance.
- Turn on “randomize execution order” and “execute in parallel” for your unit tests.
- If you already make use of NSUserActivity you can easily make it eligible for prediction by setting userActivity.isEligibleForPrediction = true.
- The major theme this year was a focus on fundamentals across the ecosystem.
- Swift 5 (next year) will be part of the OS, so apps will no longer need to include the swift runtime.
- A great Siri Shortcut: accelerates a key capability of your app, is likely to be repeated, and can be handled inline in Siri.
- ARKit 2 brings a bunch of cool new features: improved face tracking, image detection and tracking, 3D object detection, persistent experiences, shared experiences, and more.